Why Big Shoes?

Because each day God requires us to walk in obedience, no matter how hard or long the journey. We need to walk in those shoes with boldness, confidence and courage. Everyone needs spiritual "Big Shoes" that will take them to new levels of spiritual impartation and revelation. I've learned, the hardest thing is we need the strength to put them on each day. And that takes faith. Who wants to walk in "Big Shoes" when you have been hurt or betrayed? Who has the courage to walk in "Big Shoes" when fear has your spirit gripped so tight you refuse to trust God to take you through your darkest days? The amazing thing is when you put on those "Big Shoes", the struggle doesn't seem so hard. God and His Holy Spirit carries you through the toughest journeys - even when you think you are walking alone. As you walk, the heaviness of the struggle doesn't seem to weigh you down as much. You force yourself to take one step at a time, pressing, pushing your way through every obstacle that rises up against you.
There is no need to try to do it all yourself when God is there to lead you to still waters and those luscious green pastures. No, walking in Big Shoes, simply means you have the courage to shout out to God, "I can't do this without you". Before you know it, you are at the place He wants you to be, encouraged, empowered, enabled to move forward in faith, confidence and trust.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Too Many Irons in the Fire

As I review my Daytimer, I must admit that I have taken on more than I can do well. But taking one step at a time, I'm determined to keep looking ahead, plowing (and praying) as I go through this mountain of stuff that MUST get done.
Here's my to-do list. Would you please say a prayer?

1. Pray, study scripture and prepare a sermon.
2. Pack and visit family.
3. Arrive home and preach on Sunday afternoon.
4. Work and work hard on book projects.
5. Pack and go to airport.
6. Visit with Friends
7. Work even harder on book projects.
8. Prepare presentation and deliver it.
9. Pack and get ready for vacation. Can't wait.
10. Return home and visit family again.

And this is all in the next ten days. Please pray for me!
Whew...I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Blessings,
Melodie